Identity Theft Protection
We offer Identity Theft Protection two ways:
Platinum Account holders get IDSafeChoice Recovery Service and Credential Vault FREE as part of their account
IDSafeChoice PLUS is an option for anyone. It includes the Recovery Service plus credit monitoring
PLATINUM ACCOUNTS - Free Services
Professional Recovery Services if You Become a Victim of Identity Theft – Absolutely FREE with your Platinum account!!
Online Credential Vault Included Too
If you become a victim of identity theft, IDSafeChoice** will go to work to restore your credit and your credibility – a process that could save you up to 600 hours of your time. Surveys show that as many as a third of all victims give up without ever getting back their good name – even after a year of trying on their own.
IDSafeChoice Recovery Pledge: One call to Farmers & Merchants Bank will put you in touch with your own personal Recovery Advocate who will do all of the legwork for you to recover your good name.
Your personal Credential Vault is a secure means to record important information about your credit cards and other critical information that could be lost with your wallet or purse, in a natural disaster, or that may need to be accessed via the web while away from home. Information on up to 50 credentials can be housed for safekeeping. In case of a loss, your Recovery Advocate will help replace the lost document and at the same time assess whether the loss may represent an increased risk of identity fraud. If so, the Advocate will provide important advice, help in placing fraud alerts and recovery services should fraud arise. Click here to access the Credential Vault.
Further Protect Yourself and Your Family with IDSafeChoice PLUS ... Level II of the Total Identity Theft Security Plan (see next section.)
To report an identity theft or loss from your Credential Vault, call or visit your local branch or call 540-896-8941.
FOR EVERYONE - IDSafeChoice PLUS: Further Protect Yourself and Your Family
Available to everyone (whether you have a Platnum account or not...
ENROLL NOWYour complete credit report available automatically each year for your review
- Status alerts to warn of new activity that may signal that a criminal is at work.
- Warnings of derogatory credit, new credit issued, inquiries on your report, change of address attempts and more.
- Up to $25,000 in reimbursed expenses for recovering your identity, including lost wage reimbursement, with zero deductible.*
- Your own personal Recovery Advocate
Did you know.... the age group with the highest incidence of identity theft is between the ages of 18 and 29, accounting for almost a third of all victims? And there were over 400,000 cases of identity theft in 2004 for children under the age of 18.
Source: Identity Theft Data Clearinghouse Study published by the FTC, Feb. 2005
With Both the Individual and Family Plan
You Also Receive These Benefits...
- Protection awareness test
- Personal protection plan
- Reports of new “tricks of the trade”
- Personal protection advisory newsletter
- Your own personal Recovery Advocate to restore your good name, if you fall victim
- Fraud alerts are posted at all three credit bureaus.
- Your rights as a victim are explained.
- A customized recovery plan is developed and documented for your review.
- Your Recovery Advocate contacts and works with all agencies, financial institutions and companies affected.
- Your Recovery Advocate completes and files all forms and follows up to make sure fraudulent activity is corrected.
- Your Recovery Advocate will contact you at 30, 60, 90 and 120 days after the case is closed to determine if there are any additional problems.
- Your good name will be restored – no matter how long it takes
Note: Family Plan includes recovery and reimbursement benefits for the primary plan member, their spouse or domestic partner, and each dependent with the same permanent address as the primary member, up to the age of 25.
* Insurance underwritten by member companies of American International Group, Inc. The description herein is a summary only. It does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Coverage not available to residents of New York and may not be available in other jurisdictions.
**ID SafeChoiceTerms and Conditions:
- Services are provided to the named individual in Covered Group (customers with Platinum checking and money market accounts); businesses do not qualify for this offer. Benefits are non-transferable.
- Eligibility for recovery services is based on ID theft events that occur, are discovered and reported to Provider on or after the effective date of the program and during the eligibility period.
- In order to receive free Services the individual must be a current customer of Farmers & Merchants Bank and must maintain their relationship in good standing during such time that Provider is providing Services.
- Provider reserves the right to refuse or terminate services if it is deemed that the participating plan member is committing fraud or other illegal acts, making untrue statements, or failing to perform his/her portion of the recovery plan. Provider will not refuse or terminate services to a plan member solely due to the complexity of a case.
- Provider does not provide credit counseling or repair to credit which legitimately belongs to the plan member.
- Recovery Services are available in the United States of America (U.S.) and to persons outside the U.S. to the extent that U.S. laws prevail.
- Cancellation of the Plus Plan effective on the last day of the month in which the cancellation request is received. If a quarterly, semi-annual or annual payment was made for the Plus Plan, any unused portion of the payment will be refunded. Credit monitoring services will cease as of the effective date of the cancellation of the Plan.