This account has limited check writing privileges. Up to six transfers are allowed per statement cycle to another account or to third parties. These can be by check, draft, authorized debit, telephone transfer, ACH, or debit card. (There is a $5 fee any month you exceed the 6-transaction limit). Your interest rate increases as your balance grows. See our Rate Sheet for current interest rates and related balances.
F&M Money Market Savings Plus
- Tiered interest rate based on daily balance
- Interest earned on balances $1,000 and more
- Average monthly balance of only $1,000 waives the service charge of $10 per month.
- Interest earned is compounded and credited monthly.
- Access your funds as often as needed at bank teller windows
- Up to 6 electronic withdrawals and/or transfers per month, which can be by checks or other third-party transfers drawn on your Money Market Plus account . $5 fee any month you exceed the 6-transaction limit.
- Activity shown on your monthly statement
Learn more about our money market savings account; stop by one of our locations in Augusta, Page, Rockingham or Shenandoah county – including our branches in Harrisonburg and Staunton – to speak with a helpful member of our staff.
*No fee charged by Farmers & Merchants Bank for transactions at other banks’ ATM’s. Other ATM owners may charge a fee.
**TRANSACTION LIMITATIONS (PER FEDERAL REGULATION D): No more than six preauthorized or automatic transfers, telephone transfers, or transfers made by check, draft, debit card, or similar order payable to a third party may be made from a money market account to another account at the bank or to a third party in any statement cycle. If you exceed, or attempt to exceed, these transfer limits, the excess transfer requests may be refused or reversed, a fee may be imposed on the excess transfer requests, and the bank may reclassify or close your account. However, there are no limits on the number of withdrawals paid directly to you when initiated in person, and no limit on the number of withdrawals paid directly to you when initiated by mail, telephone or messenger.