Your interest rate increases as your balance grows, and you have immediate access to your funds. See our Rate Sheet for current interest rates and related balances.
- Tiered interest rate based on daily balance
- Low $10 Minimum Balance to earn interest
- Low initial opening deposit of $10
- Quarterly average balance of only $100 waives the service charge of $10 per quarter.
- Service charges waived for minors, full time students, disabled, seniors over age 65, estates, and non-profit organizations.
- Interest earned is compounded daily, credited quarterly. Fees may reduce earnings.
- Free and easy transferring between accounts to manage bills using your ATM or VISA Check Card*, NetTeller Online Banking, or Instant InfoLine telephone banking
- Access funds at any ATM
- Activity Summary shown on your annual statement, which is produced the end of May each year
*No fee charged by Farmers & Merchants Bank for transactions at other banks’ ATM’s. Other ATM owners may charge a fee.
**TRANSACTION LIMITATIONS (PER FEDERAL REGULATION D): No more than six preauthorized or automatic transfers, telephone transfers, or transfers made by draft, debit card, or similar order payable to a third party may be made from a savings account to another account at the bank or to a third party in any calendar month. If you exceed, or attempt to exceed, these transfer limits, the excess transfer requests may be refused or reversed, a fee may be imposed on the excess transfer requests, and the bank may reclassify or close your account. However, there are no limits on the number of withdrawals paid directly to you when initiated in person, and no limit on the number of withdrawals paid directly to you when initiated by mail, telephone or messenger.
Speak with a member of our team at the Harrisonburg or Staunton branches, or one of our locations in the Shenandoah Valley, to learn more about our premium savings accounts.
Start Your Application Online: