Each year F&M Bank holds its annual contest for amateur photographers to showcase the natural beauty of the Shenandoah Valley during all seasons of the year.
Over 175 local photos were entered in the contest during 2020, and it was quite a task to pick a grand prize winner and 12 monthly winners.
On May 1, 2021, we will begin accepting entries for our 2022 contest, with a final entry deadline of May 31, 2021. You may complete the below digital entry form. We hope to see your photos in the running!
Complete Rules and Regulations:
- All entries must be submitted by midnight, May 31, 2021 and should be accompanied by an entry form. Earliest entry: May 1, 2021.
- All photos must have been taken by non-professional photographers: defined as persons who receive 0-25% of their income from photography related fields. F&M Bank employees are not eligible to enter the contest.
- Number of entries limited to 4 per person. Images must depict different seasons if submitting multiple. No more than four entries will be accepted. Winning photos will be limited to one per contestant.
- Winners will be notified after July 1, 2021. All photographs submitted become the property of F&M Bank. Please be advised, all entrants will be entered into mailing lists through which the winners will be announced.
- Format: A digital copy of all photographs must be submitted with entry. Files must be NO SMALLER THAN 8.5″ tall and 11″ wide at 300 dpi or 2550 pixels tall by 3300 pixels wide.
- All entries must be of outdoor themes, and both landscape and close-up shots are acceptable. All photos must be of scenes in Rockingham, Shenandoah, Augusta, and Frederick counties, or counties that are adjacent. Photos can be several years old. For all winning photos, a written description of the location and some comments from the photographer will be required.
- Only horizontal pictures will be considered. Photos must fit the 11″W x 8.5″L calendar format. Selected photos will be cropped for that format. Any people that appear as subject matter in the photographs must sign a waiver of release for the photograph to be considered.
- Each entry must be the work of the person submitting the photo, and a signed entry form is required. Entrants under age 18 must include the signature of a parent or guardian.
- Entries will be evaluated based on appeal, content and photographic skill. The decision of the judges is final.
- F&M Bank assumes no responsibility for submissions. Selected images are used on a non-exclusive basis. F&M Bank retains the right to use photos in any advertising and/or promotion it deems suitable.