Each year F&M Bank holds its annual contest for amateur photographers to showcase the natural beauty of the Shenandoah Valley during all seasons of the year.
Complete Rules and Regulations:
- All entries must be submitted by 12pm, June 9, 2023 and should be accompanied by an entry form. Earliest entry: May 4, 2023.
- All photos must have been taken by non-professional photographers: defined as persons who receive 0-25% of their income from photography-related fields. F&M Bank employees are not eligible to enter the contest.
- The number of entries is limited to 4 per person. Images must depict different seasons if submitting multiple. No more than four entries will be accepted. Winning photos will be limited to one per contestant.
- Winners will be notified after August 1st, 2023. All photographs submitted become the property of F&M Bank. Please be advised, that all entrants will be entered into mailing lists through which the winners will be announced.
- Format: A digital copy of all photographs must be submitted with the entry. Files must be NO SMALLER THAN 8.5″ tall and 11″ wide at 300 dpi or 2550 pixels tall by 3300 pixels wide.
- All entries must be of outdoor themes, and both landscape and close-up shots are acceptable. All photos must be of scenes in Rockingham, Shenandoah, Augusta, and Frederick counties, or counties that are adjacent. Photos can be several years old. For all winning photos, a written description of the location and some comments from the photographer will be required.
- Only horizontal pictures will be considered. Photos must fit the 11″W x 8.5″L calendar format. Selected photos will be cropped for that format. Any people that appear as subject matter in the photographs must sign a waiver of release for the photograph to be considered.
- Each entry must be the work of the person submitting the photo, and a signed entry form is required. Entrants under age 18 must include the signature of a parent or guardian.
- Entries will be evaluated based on appeal, content, and photographic skill. The decision of the judges is final.
- F&M Bank assumes no responsibility for submissions. Selected images are used on a non-exclusive basis. F&M Bank retains the right to use photos in any advertising and/or promotion it deems suitable.
The submission period ended June 9, 2023. Visit our Facebook page starting June 19 to cast your vote for the first round of public voting!