Re$ubmitIt® Check Recovery Services
As your local community bank in the Shenandoah Valley, F&M Bank is here to help you with all of your business needs, including one of your biggest headaches—returned checks. An NSF check presents a business owner with two unappealing options:
- Do nothing and lose out on the amount owed to you
- Invest time, effort, and possibly money into collecting the funds
Either way, there is no guarantee you will ultimately collect what you are owed. In the meantime, pursuing collection could cost you even more, plus it takes up time you could be spending on more important matters. Luckily, F&M Bank’s NSF collection services offers the perfect solution to this dilemma.
Re$ubmitIt®, our electronic check recovery service, significantly reduces the burden of collecting funds from NSF checks, while potentially doubling your recovery rate. You collect more returned checks and get 100% of the face value of all checks that are collected electronically!
How Does Re$ubmitIt® Work?
The Re$ubmitIt® electronic check recovery service handles the collection process discreetly and electronically from beginning to end, via the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network for re-presentment directly to the check writer’s bank account.
- Returned checks are sent from Farmers & Merchants Bank to Re$ubmitIt®, where they are converted into electronic items.
- The electronic check file is processed and strategically timed for re-presentation to the check writer’s bank account for collection. Presenting checks at proven “time slots” improves the chance of collection.
- If the item is not recovered on the first electronic re-presentment, it is re-cued for a second electronic re-presentment (third total). If this third presentment fails, the check will be sent to Re$ubmitIt’s FREE secondary collections, or the check can be sent back to you.
- Upon settlement, 100% of the face value of the check is reimbursed to you automatically. The check writer’s account is charged a state-regulated collection fee to cover the cost of collection.
- Recovers 100% of the face value of all checks collected electronically
- Increases collection rates
- Recovers items more quickly
- Reduces cost of manual processing
- Provides collection status 24/7 via the Internet
- Allows you to focus on serving customers, not collections
Contact us to get started!
Ready to collect more of your hard-earned income without sacrificing valuable time and money? Call F&M Bank’s NSF Collection Services team today, or stop by your local branch in Augusta, Page, Rockingham, or Shenandoah County for more information. From Harrisonburg to Staunton, and across the Shenandoah Valley, F&M Bank can help your business recover bounced checks with greater success and efficiency.