Shopping for your first home or your next one? House hunting is an exciting experience, not to mention one of the biggest purchases most people make. When it comes to financing something this important, don’t go to just any home loan lender. Trust your local community bank to guide you through the mortgage application process with friendly customer service and the information you need in terms that are easy to understand. Even before you start looking at houses, getting pre-approved for a mortgage is a good step to let realtors and sellers know you’re serious about buying a house.
Browse our selection of mortgage home loans
- Fixed Rate Loans: These mortgages come with an interest rate that does not change during the life of the loan. Choose from 30, 20, or 15-year options (fixed rate Jumbo loans are also available).
- Adjustable Rate Loans: These mortgages begin with one interest rate and adjust up or down depending on current rates at pre-set intervals such as one-year, three-years, five-years, etc.
- Bridge Loans: Use this type of mortgage loan to transition from your current home to your new home. Bridge loans can cover the gap in time between buying a new house and selling your previous home.
- Construction Loans: - We work with builders and home buyers directly to ensure a seamless and user-friendly construction loan process, helping you and your clients build dreams into reality. Both construction and permanent financing are available.
- Investment Property Loans: Buying rental properties is different from regular home buying. Our investment property loans reflect the nuances of purchasing income-generating properties.
F&M Bank partners with VBS Mortgage
For all other mortgage products, including but not limited to 100% financing (VA, VHDA, and Rural Development); First Time Homebuyers Program; and FHA, visit our affiliate, VBS Mortgage of Harrisonburg. We refer many customers to them for fixed-rate longer-term loans.
Required Documents For Every Mortgage Loan Application
- For all applicants, copies of recent paystubs or your last tax return
- If you are self-employed, copies of your last signed federal tax returns (1040s with all schedules)
- If you are retired, copies of 1099s for all social security and/or pension or retirement income for the last two years.
- If you plan to use your line or loan for debt-consolidation, please bring your monthly billing statements, coupon books, etc.
Contact our mortgage lending team to get started.
Our experienced mortgage team has the local expertise, ability, knowledge, and integrity to make your entire home loan application process pleasant and successful. Call us today or stop by your local branch in Augusta, Page, Rockingham, or Shenandoah county for more information.