What Does The Child Receive?
- A piggy bank to encourage saving at home
- An old-fashioned passbook to keep records of their account
- Fun prizes for every 5 deposits made. Limit one prize per month per customer account.
- A premium interest rate – see our rate sheet for details; after age 18 this account will convert to a Premium Savings Account. Fees may reduce earnings.
- The opportunity to save for something special and learn how to handle money
- Access to their money at any time since they are the owner of the account (a parent or other adult will be joint on the account)
- Visit our special web pages just for you! Lots of information and fun. Click here now to visit Just For Kids.
To open this account at any of our bank branches, please bring your child along with his or her ID (birth certificate, social security card, or photo ID) so you both can sign the signature card. The opening deposit needs to be at least $5.
Note: Limit one account per child.
About Our Children’s Online Privacy
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) was passed to give parents increased control over what information is collected from their children online and how such information is used. The law applies to websites and services directed to, and which knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. Farmers & Merchants Bank’s websites and online services are not directed to children under the age of 13, nor is information knowingly collected from them. For additional information on COPPA protections, link to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at www.ftc.gov/privacy/privacyinitiatives/childrens. For further information, the Federal Government has created a Web site, Kidz Privacy, aimed at educating both parents and children about the dangers of the Internet and how to browse safely.